Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spring

Dear m,

Wow spring here has been so nice.  It hasn't been to hot to soon.  I have always liked seeing the trees come out of their dormant stage and begin to come alive again.  I love seeing the green turn greener, and the flowers start to poke through the ground.  It makes me feel as though I have made it through another winter and I am being rewarded for that.  Winter can be so tough.  With this spring it has brought on some new changes or growth in our current lives.  We moved.  Yep after 8 years we finally moved away from our old address.  We moved into a house, which has been great.  I LOVE the room, and feel really blessed that we were in a place where we could afford to move.  I have to say though I am having a small amount of trouble adjusting.  It is a great place and I love it, but it just doesn't feel like I am 'home'.  How do you make it that way, I don't know.  I have to admit I have tried just about everything.  I have moved  things around, hung pictures, moved things around, vacuumed, moved things around, and still am having trouble.  I hung some things exactly like the last place I lived, which has helped some, but man I am so ready to call this place 'home'.    Everything I love is here, and so that should be enough to call home, and it does.  Give me a couple of more weeks to get settled and I am sure I will feel as though this is my home.

Spring has also made e realize, my kids are growing up so fast, I just realized that my little ones aren't so little anymore.  Why do I realize this now, this spring.  I believe it is because the weather is warmer and so out comes the skirts and shorts, which have been also dormant for the last few months.  I realized that they have grown physically because their clothes are to small.  Last night I was holding my youngest on my lap and realized that it was a little harder than previously.  It is seems sad that we can't be held like that anymore.  Wouldn't it be nice just once in a while to curl up in our Heavenly Fathers lap and be told all is OK.   I love the way we grow and change and that my girls are becoming young ladies, and feel very blessed to have them.  It is fun to see them grow and change, but I miss having them small.

There is another way to tell it is spring around here, and that is the number of babies being born in our ward.  Man I tell you what we have a lot this year.  It makes it really hard for me.  I love babies and all that they bring with them.  It hurts to know that I am done having my own babies, and I mourn a little each birth.  I have progressed a little in my thinking though and I don't feel that my life is standing still now and others moving forward, that is HUGE.  I do however miss having a little one around here.  I am having three babies born in my own family,  which is an exciting thing.   All in good time I guess the mourning will stop.

This spring I will encourage you and me both to stop and enjoy the renewal that is happening all around us.    Sit outside and enjoy the sunshine, I have a nice deck outside that is fun to sit and watch the activity.  The sunshine makes us all feel better, and I am thankful for it.  

Love,

No comments: